Monday, August 11, 2014

Penelope's eye (May 2013)

I had just gotten back from urgent care with strep throat and the doctor told me that I shouldn't be around the kids because I'm contagious. I heard Penelope crying and screaming that she had gotten soap in her eye. Nick washed her eye really well and we thought that was the end of it. The next morning she couldn't open her left eye. Nick took her to urgent care and they said she had scratched her eye and had to wear a patch. That night we had found out that she had squeezed one of the laundry soap packets and that is what got in her eye. We started freaking out that she had burned her eye and that she wouldn't be able to see. By Monday it wasn't looking better. I took her to her pediatrician and she referred us to a eye specialist. Thankfully her eye wasn't damaged!! They gave us some drops and within a day she was able to open her eye!!

No comments:

Post a Comment